#IkoKazi at Pangea Trust for the position of Fundraising Associate. Apply By 30th April 2021.
Pangea Trust is a highly passionate driven organization, dedicated to inspire African startups with support ranging from capacity building, networking, and access to capital.
About the Role
They are looking to hire experienced fundraising professionals to lead on planning, developing, and delivering an ambitious, innovative, and effective fundraising strategy in support of Pangea’s mission.
The ideal candidate will be a highly passionate Fundraising Associate who will do extensive research and advise on strategy with both current and potential funders and investors which will include corporates, foundations, and philanthropists.
As a result, the ideal candidate will build a strong network of donors, for the different projects that Pangea Trust will take up.
- Research and identify new institutional funding sources across the globe
- Regularly monitor opportunities while sharing with the MD and Director of Business Development to plan strategic approaches to them.
- Explore fundraising opportunities for different sectors
- Screen through the opportunities with the MD and Director on proposal opportunities the organization can pursue.
- Proactively identify prospects, build and maintain a pipeline to grow donor partnerships.
- Establish partnerships with funding partners and maintain long, fruitful relations with Pangea Trust.
- Write effective fundraising applications or bid in response to calls for proposals from different funding organizations.
- Review the success and achievements against agreed targets while continuously identifying strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized database on all Pangea fundraising information as necessary; both prospects & confirmed funding partners.
- Work within a solicitation plan building new and nurturing current relationships through a series of personal visits, meetings, events, and follow-up stewardship practices.
- Tracks and reports projects to the CEO & Country Director
- Evaluates success and progress of accomplishing goals and refines Pangea business tactics as needed.
- You At least 2-3 years of proven professional experience in social business fundraising
- You Should have had international exposure to raising funds for non-profit organizations & startups
- You should be Proficient in writing proposals and reports
- You should have a large relevant network
- You should have experience in working in dynamic situations and be comfortable working with a small team of colleagues.
- You should have the ability to interact at every level, from CEO to all the other employees to enable better output.
- You should have the ability to work and communicate with corporates, foundations, NGOs, and governmental organizations that support Pangea’s course.
- You get to build great connections with colleagues across the globe
- You get a competitive package
- You get a flexible working environment with remote & physical working sessions
- You enjoy personal growth within the startup & fundraising ecosystem.
Applicants MUST visit the following page to apply. Website link to Google Survey.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2021 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis).
About Pangea Trust
Pangea is a business accelerator and investment platform operating in East Africa matching African start-ups with investors, foundations, and development agencies to reach a global scale.
The Spring Valley-based Nairobi Garage member also produces local milestone-based accelerator programs focusing on validation and scalability. They also hold investor programs, connecting leading African startups with local and foreign investors.
Pangea is also involved in a variety of smaller and larger-scale projects, in the fields of African development and urbanization and presents a series of events, centered around topics of African development, investing startup ecosystems, and politics. Read more about them here.