Refunite is looking to hire a ‘search wizard’ to help them with their platform, do you think you’ve got the magic in you?
Here’s what they’re looking for and what they’d need from you:
- Build out and improve the core search functionality of REFUNITE’s platform – we’re excited about areas like transliteration, natural language search, localized boosting based on a deep understanding of our user demographics, and more.
- Innovate on our highly scalable and responsive APIs.
- Architect and implement backend services that will power our web and mobile clients.
- Contribute to engineering and supporting operational needs, including testing, tool building and bug fixing problems that are impacting our users and/or technical teams.
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team to bring awesome features into production.
- 5+ years of professional working experience.
- Experience in search related technologies such as SOLR, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Experience in databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc).
- Preference for Python.
- Able to take complex problems and break them down to smaller tasks.
- Evangelizing search paradigms to rest of organization and clearly communicate decisions around search.
// They expect you to:
- Be a team player.
- Be creative, curious and challenge us and yourself with new solutions and great ideas and present your vision for how to improve search within REFUNITE.
- Be responsible and able to work independently as well as collaborate across the dev team and organisation in a hectic startup environment.
If this is the job for you, apply here.