Akili Kids! is seeking a passionate and ambitious candidate to fill a junior role in the Marketing and Communications Department as a PR & Communications team. Apply before Saturday, 19th June 2021.
Are you creative & brave? Are you driven by a passion for seeing a change in society? Are you forward-thinking and motivated by growth? Akili Kids! is looking for you.
Akili Network’s Hopes and Dreams Internship Program is looking to bring on board a PR and Communications Intern. The program is aimed at offering aspiring professionals the opportunity to grow their talent and prepare to take on bigger career opportunities that come their way, now and in the future. Their hope is that this internship program provides a stepping stone to the achievement of individual hopes and dreams.
As the PR & Communications intern, you will potentially assist the team with client meeting agendas, monthly reports, media monitoring, client correspondence, media and influencer pitching, case studies, award entries and other elements as needed.
You will also provide general team management support, including creating and updating content calendars, managing project timelines, supporting content creation (including Blog content), and scheduling meetings and conference calls.
About The Role
- Contract Term: 6 months with possibility of extension
- Start Date: Immediately
- Compensation: Stipend
- Reports to: Senior Marketing and Communications Manager
- Location: Akili Network Office, 3rd Floor – The Promenade on General Mathenge Road (Spring Valley)
- Media monitoring and research on the industry, trends, events, competition and other related areas.
- Media list building, proactive media outreach and development of media materials and pitches.
- Support of product delivery logistics such as press releases, newsletters, LinkedIn posts etc.
- Research and vetting of influencers to identify partnerships and publish content to client social media pages.
- Assess media trends and industry landscape to identify/evaluate opportunities that amplify the company’s priorities.
- Work with the Analytics to review measurement dashboards and support coverage tracking.
- Plan and execute programs under the guidance and direction of a higher-level supervisor.
- Participate in meetings as advised
- Support all marketing and communications team administration.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal Akili Kids! candidate will combine as many, if not all, of the following characteristics:
- Aptitude for the basics of public relations, media relations, and influencer relations.
- Media relations and social media experience; familiarity with media relations software tools.
- A high degree of attention to detail in all areas, from performing research to crafting the brand’s public-facing materials.
- Positive, professional, and flexible attitude.
- Proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, remain organized and multi-task on a deadline.
- Effective listening, strong written and verbal skills and confident style in communicating with teammates and colleagues.
- Ability to make quick and critical decisions in consultation with immediate managers.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and follows through – anticipates account team needs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet research.
- A degree in PR/Communications or previous PR agency and background required (6 months – 1 year)
How To Apply:
Do you believe you have what it takes to be part of the Akili Kids! culture? Apply for this opportunity by:
- Sending your resume and a one-minute video sharing your life’s hopes and dreams and how this internship will help you move a step closer to achieving them.
- The resume and video should be sent to email@example.com
- Deadline Saturday, 19th June 2021.
About Akili Kids!
The youngest niche content creator on the block, Akili Network saw an opportunity in 2012, and after 8 years of research, the company launched the first and only dedicated free-to-air children’s television network in Kenya. It has become the second most-watched daytime TV channel in the country just 6 months after launch.
The Akili Kids! platform has disrupted the Kenyan TV landscape by focusing on 24/7 children’s educational programming. It has become the number one way to reach parents and children in Kenya. Akili Kids! is a safe, fun, and supplemental educational destination that focuses on entertaining and inspiring children of all ages and stages.
Children, their parents, and caregivers can live stream the channel on the Akili Kids! website. The platform has 5.4 million children, and 4.3 million adults watching every week (Geopoll).
Akili Kids! which was one of Nairobi Garage’s first members at our Spring Valley location, has a comprehensive child-protective advertising policy that ensures that children are not exposed to unhealthy or potentially harmful marketing messages.