The Baobab Network is hiring for the position of Marketing & Brand Manager.
Are you creative with an eye for detail? If you’re a natural storyteller, a change maker, and a community builder?
The Baobab Network is looking for your expertise to help to increase their following from the thousands to the tens of thousands. More importantly, to give their tech founders the advantage.
The future looks exciting for The Baobab Network as they have ambitious plans on the next step of their journey developing the leading early-stage investor for frontier markets.
As a result, they are actively searching for a Marketing and Brand Manager to help them develop and roll out their organization-wide social media, content, and engagement strategy.
Apply by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14th May 2021.
- Work directly with the Baobab Network’s leadership team to set the marketing strategy for the organization; researching, analyzing, and communicating key market trends to the business.
- Define and implement an organization-wide social media and newsletter growth and engagement strategy to ensure The Baobab Network’s following moves from thousands to tens of thousands within the next year.
- Manage the day to day working of The Baobab Network content strategy; writing engaging web content across the Insights and Network Accelerator newsletter and digital channels (Blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Manage the social media budget and run paid campaigns and promotions to expand their reach and acquire new followers and founders.
- Lead the analytics of their social platforms, and help inform the strategic direction of their product and technology teams.
- Manage all brand and copywriting activities, working directly with their technology teams to ensure that all aspects of their digital presence are on-brand.
- Organize ad hoc online events to provide a platform for their founder and investor communities.
- Build out a community of technology writers across key geographies and markets to ensure that The Baobab Network continues to unearth great market insights.
Fuzu’s New Platform // A Step Change in Career Building
- You have experience building a brand’s social media and content marketing presence from the ground up
- You’re autonomous and creative, you are happily taking a concept from idea to reality. You experiment and are not scared of testing a few ideas out.
- You enjoy engaging your left-brain and your right-brain, you thrive on creative visual projects, infographics, and story-telling, yet you know how to use data to make informed decisions.
- You are a strong writer; you have experience employing a blend of written communication for different audiences.
- You are collaborative, adaptable, and willing to pick up tasks as they arise. You understand that working for a growing company means rolling your sleeves up and being the person that gets things done.
- You are a team player; you work collaboratively with different functions across a business.
- You understand the start-up ecosystem, you know who the influencers are and how they fit into our world.
- You are willing to work in a non-co-located team.
Nice to Haves
- You are comfortable building infographics and have experience using design tools to create visual communications.
- You have connections with key news outlets and understand how to manage great PR campaigns.
- Have lived or worked in any of our key markets across Africa.
About The Baobab Network
The Baobab Network is an accelerator program that seeks to invest in the next generation of African tech entrepreneurs. They invest USD$25,000 into early-stage tech ventures across Africa and provide founders with a global platform to scale their business.
The organization seeks the boldest tech entrepreneurs in Africa with the intention of helping them grow and scale up their businesses. They build strategic partnerships with investors and corporates across the world, many of whom have already backed some of the world’s biggest technology companies. To add value to their people they provide industry-leading insights and data to keep their partners informed on key market developments and trends.
Are you convinced that the above best fits you?
Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Applications close 14th May 2021.