One of our dearest members REFUNITE is looking for world class Frontend Developers with excellent markup skills to join their development & user experience team team in Nairobi.
What we do:
The world holds more than 59 million refugees, asylum-seekers, and internally displaced people (IDPs), many of whom have been forcibly separated from their loved ones. We believe that this is unacceptable and that big data can help. Specifically, we build technology to help forcibly separated families reconnect, and are currently assisting more than 400,000 people find their children, siblings, and parents.
Working with our partners – technology companies, mobile network operators, humanitarian actors, and nonprofits – we leverage localized online and offline touchpoints to collect the data necessary to catalyze reconnection. REFUNITE currently has projects throughout Africa and the Middle East, with expansion planned in the near future to other regions as well. As our platform grows, we are also in the nascent phases of exploring further services to offer users, such as mHealth.
Learn more at refunite.org.
– Work as part of our user experience team to design & develop user facing applications for our web UI
– Lead the UI design of our upcoming Android app
– Actively contribute to product development working closely with the rest of the tech team
– A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field, with significant markup language skills, or
– Equally self taught with a proven track record.
– CSS & CSS preprocessors
– Grids, frameworks & boilerplates
– Responsive web design
– PSD to HTML
-Cross browser & multiple device support
– Basic Python & PHP
– Android experience a plus
We expect you to:
– Consider it a virtue to write standards compliant, semantic markup and styles.
– Be absolutely kick ass at what you do.
– Be creative, curious and challenge us and yourself with new solutions and great ideas.
– Be responsible and able to work independently as well as collaborate across the dev team and organisation in a hectic start up environment.
What we can offer:
– Being part of an ambitious, skilled and agile team
– A great and fun work environment with highly enthusiastic colleagues
– Contributing to reconnecting refugees with their family and loved ones
Interested? Please send a letter of motivation, your CV and examples of some of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘World class frontend developer’.