Job Opportunity // General Manager with Educartis
Our member Educartis is looking for a General Manager. The successful individual will have the unique opportunity to develop and scale the education platform in one of their key African markets.
They are looking for someone who has a strong mix of operational capacity to get great work done, the negotiation and collaboration skills needed to bring out the best from their education partners and the emotional intelligence required to lead a fast-paced business and inspire a team of people.
The General Manager will define and deliver the business strategy and objectives for Educartis Kenya. This individual will be instrumental in developing, analyzing and drawing market insights from the local environment to drive business success.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Grow and lead a team of smart and passionate people towards growing the Educartis business in Kenya
- Set mission and strategy with the team and oversee the results-driven execution locally
- Work cross-functionally by collaborating with the product, marketing, data, and engineering teams to communicate product and process needs to grow the business in Kenya
- Prepare and monitor the budget in addition to setting KPIs and driving sustainable growth
- Understand education institution needs and what Educartis needs to do to serve those needs
- Analyze local performance and diagnose problems and areas of opportunity for improvement
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both at learners and education providers
- Engage with local regulatory and political stakeholders within the education ecosystem
- Provide regular reporting to the management team on the business results and key drivers of metrics for the business
Desired Candidate Profile
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA is a plus
- You have 4+ years of Management experience in operations, strategy, technology, business development or similar area. Experience owning a P&L is a plus
- You have strong sales and business development experience especially around delivering on sales targets
- You are an effective project manager with experience delivering on multi-faceted projects with many stakeholders
- You have strong relationship building skills and the ability to create partnerships – from negotiation to execution
- You can wear different hats of responsibility and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get down to work
- You have strong written, verbal and presentation skills and the ability to influence
- You can work both at the big picture level for the overall business, as well as the ground level to gather insights or drive execution
- You are fluent in both English and Kiswahili
- Knowledge of the local education industry, including key players, market trends, government policies, etc. is a huge plus
- Experience working with remote teams is preferred
- Fluency in both English and Kiswahili is preferred
Does this sound like you? Get more details here! All the best!
Want to join our growing business network? Book a tour today at any of our branches and check out our amazing packages!