Apply for the High-Potential Apprenticeship Program in UI Design at Elewa’s iTalanta Program
Elewa is a laboratory that experiments with new ways of training and education every day.
Through their iTalanta Program – a two-year program – they match software talent in East Africa with cutting-edge local, EU, and US industries through a leading apprenticeship and on-the-job training program.
iTalanta engineers work on innovative projects in the newest technologies, internally at Elewa, for global startups, or for corporate industry alike. Successful candidates will receive training, dedicated coaching from experienced professionals and get the opportunity to grow in their specialization area of interest.
About the Role:
As part of the High-Potential Apprenticeship Program in UI Design at Elewa, you will sharpen your skills working with many of the modern technologies currently available worldwide. Tools and practices include Figma, Adobe XD, Invision, Design Systems, Component-Based Design, Data Visualization, Marketing Design, Agile Methodologies, usability studies, and quantitative analysis of user patterns.
During this job placement, time will be allocated for theoretical learning as well as practical UI and UX design. Due to the advanced nature of the skills gained on the job, this on-job program requires a two-year commitment. After the apprenticeship program, candidates will have the chance to join Elewa’s and/or its partner companies’ elite circle of technical consultants with dedicated growth paths depending on interests.
Successful candidates for this program shall be engaged in several projects as part of their technical team, who are based in East Africa, the US, and Western Europe but serve clients that are spread in different parts of the world and bear the responsibility for the stability of the products they support.
Apply before the end of day Sunday, 2nd of May, 2021.
- You will, in stages, create increasingly complex designs to solve technical needs around a range of industries.
- You will develop and maintain design systems to organize and extend comprehensive, well-organized, and beautiful designs.
- You will use component-based design in order to create versioned iterations of UI components.
- You will develop and apply statistical reasoning skills that can be applied practically towards analyzing user behavior and optimize designs based on the learnings.
- You will emphasize with users and apply designs specifically targeted to different use cases.
- You will develop and apply advanced principles of UI Design.
- You will apply your design skills to marketing design in addition to UI Design.
- You will develop and apply an understanding and applicative use of a design in a wide range of different technologies and devices that are cutting-edge but not widespread in the current Kenyan market.
- You will work collaboratively within a team of peers and technical consultants in modern organizational structures to quickly iterate on and output solutions for our customers.
- You will perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time and which are related to the achievement of Elewa’s mission and vision.
Elewa joins Nairobi Garage
- You need to be an ambitious and dependable person, who is hungry for growth and capable of taking responsibility.
- You should be open-minded, willing to challenge all knowledge and assumptions, and inspired to solve the problems of today’s societies.
- You should be a graduate, with either a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Design and under five years of work experience.
- You should be a holistic individual with a high potential for rapid personal development
About Elewa & their Work Culture
Elewa is a leading education innovation company based in Spring Valley, with activities in Sub Saharan-Africa, Western Europe, and beyond. The organization develops innovative technologies, products, and content that is transforming education and other like-minded industries at both basic and professional level. In order to fit in perfectly in their culture, you should have the following:
- You always aim to maximize people’s potential
- You act with empathy
- You strive to see the full picture
- You are creative & resourceful
- You think globally, yet learn and apply locally
- You share and collaborate
- You value honesty and integrity
- You are not afraid to take ownership
- Flexible & Friendly work environment in which you have the opportunity to learn at light speeds
- Market Competitive Salary, in line with the industry and your experience, to enable you to fully focus on the program.
- Knowledge & Skills that are highly advanced and a personal ambitious training plan.
- Unique opportunity to become part of a unique highly skilled network of software developers, designers, architects, and technical consultants.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by answering the questions and following instructions via this link.
The deadline for application is the end of day Sunday, 2nd of May, 2021.
Elewa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and therefore they are committed to equal treatment of all.
Photo by Markus Spiske from Pexels.