Our member Mdundo, is looking for a Social Media Manager to be in charge of the East African social media accounts for Mdundo (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda).
The major tasks include generating and sharing content and publish it on the respective social media pages as well as all the additional engaging activities including customer support.
Mdundo is one of Africa’s leading music services with 5,000,000 monthly users, 80,000 African musicians and 1.5m international songs available. Mdundo has a focus on 15 African countries and aims to grow to 18,000,000 users within the next two years. Mdundo offers millions of songs from Africa and abroad for free downloads and streaming directly from their website and android app including the newest releases, DJ Mixes, Playlists, podcasts and music news. Mdundo is a publicly listed company at Nasdaq First North in Copenhagen.
Mdundo values: Honesty, Passion, Creativity, Leadership, Learning
1. Generate, edit, publish and share engaging music content. (text, photos, news, playlists and mixes) on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
2. Take part in additional activities (#MdundoTwitterview and more)
3. Develop and modify the social media calendar by creating a regular schedule
4. Communicate with followers, timely respond to queries.
5. Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
1. Minimum 2 years of experience in social media marketing.
2. Great knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media best practices.
3. Great interpersonal, presentation, creativity, and communication skills.
4. Knowledge in using social media for brand awareness, engagement, and impressions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Marketing or related field.
Presentation skills, Social media marketing, Digital content development and editing (social media, blogs, etc.), Social media community management (admin), Social media usage (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), Advertising.
Think you have what it takes? Apply for the job here. All the best!