On Tuesday July 21st, they’re launching #UberPITCH in Nairobi. That’s right- anyone with 15 minutes and a good idea can submit an application and request a ride. From noon to 4pm, regional startup heroes and Uber GMs will listen to your ideas, all in the back of an Uber!
One winning start-up will be sponsored by Pivot East to participate in high-impact workshops that can put their business’ growth potential into overdrive. These workshops will include business coaching, mentorship sessions and investor relations discussions targeted at the promising new ventures. The winners will also receive Ksh 15,000 in Uber credits so they can arrive at future pitches, meetings and deals in style.
Whether you spend your weekends refining a game-changing product or are plotting out your perfect pitch deck — UberPITCH is your chance to get in front of some of the most accomplished investors and the rides don’t cost a thing.
HOW IT WORKS
· Download the Uber app for iPhone, Android, or Blackberry
· Between noon – 4pm Wednesday, request the UberPITCH option via your app
· If connected, you’ll have a 7 minutes to pitch and 7 minutes for feedback
· Rides are free and will start and end at your pickup location
· UberPITCH will only be available in select areas of the city. These will be communicated to the selected participants
To be considered for this opportunity please submit an application at the following site before Friday, July 17th at 4pm: http://goo.gl/forms/Km542Ru9lT
There are thousands of strong ideas so demand will be high. If you don’t secure a pitch on your first attempt, keep trying! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Think you know someone who’d be interested to participate? Go ahead & spread the word!