Justdiggit is looking for an experienced Marketing and Communications manager in Africa with an African focus to strengthen our team and to build and maintain the company’s valued partnership.
Your role will be to maintain a selection of partnerships, work on the marketing & communication strategy, campaigns, documentaries, keep ambassadors and Justdiggit Friends engaged, both on a global as well as on a local level in Africa.
Justdiggit is a non-profit organisation working on landscape restoration in Africa to make a positive climate impact. The company believes in the power of nature and that together we can cool down the planet.
So far, they’ve regreened over 65,000 hectares and brought back more than 9 million trees in Kenya and Tanzania, but we’re not done yet!
In the next 10 years it is the company’s ultimate goal to reach 350 million farmers and inspire & activate them to restore all degraded land on the African continent by combining traditional farming techniques with data and modern technology.
An ambitious mission which they can only achieve with the right team. This is why they might be looking for you! In our work communication is key; our regreening techniques are simple, but they need to make people aware that these solutions exist.
Therefore, they work closely with global media partners like Havas & JCDecaux to spread this positive message. They have also partnered up with the UN Environmental Programme and AFR100 initiative. We’re in this together, so we need to work together!
Earth is drying up. Our job is to reverse it, and there’s one decade to do it. Justdiggit knows it is necessary to keep the global temperature increase below 2°C, to stop irreversible damage to the planet that sustains us. We need to act together and we need to act fast.
• Be point of contact and build long-term relationships with (media) partners, varying
from international media & communication agencies to NGO’s.
• Working closely with our local implementing partners on rural communication and awareness raising
campaigns in designated program areas.
• Manage and develop accounts to initiate and maintain favorable relationship with accounts.
• Involved in brand management and the brand identity of Justdiggit.
• Co-developing the marketing strategy in line with Justdiggit’s objectives.
• Creation and publication of marketing materials in line with marketing plans.
• Planning and implementing promotional campaigns.
• Ensure the timely and successful delivery of Justdiggit (on- and offline) campaigns and
• Manage and improve lead generation campaigns.
• Analyzing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing.
Required experience and skills
• Minimum 5 years working experience in account and / or marketing management.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels
of the organisation.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
• Excellent listening and presentation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Deep digital marketing & technology understanding.
• Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity.
• Ability to prioritize among competing tasks.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of French is a preference.
• Experience in media landscape is a plus.
• Hours: 40 hours p/w.
Besides the diversity of the job – no single day is the same – and being part of a great mission, there’s more:
• Room for personal and professional development.
• Great colleagues!
• Get introduced to an amazing global network.
• Travel to the most wonderful African cities and to rural areas where your work meets your imagination.
We find it important to resemble society, the role is diverse and so should be our team.
If you believe you are the right person for this role, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 17 December 2021 COB. To learn more about our mission and our current regreening projects, take a look at our website