Our member Africa Voices Foundation is looking to hire an Executive Director who will spearhead important strategic decisions, successfully navigating and anticipating growth opportunities with existing and new products, service offerings, markets and partnerships.
She or he will be the primary public face of AVF on the continent and worldwide, building the external reputation of AVF to attract high profile champions, world-class partners and financial supporters.
Africa’s Voices Foundation (AVF) is a fast-growing start-up, capitalizing on interactive media and digital communications to curate and spark engaging discussions that convene citizens’ voices as evidence and elevate them to the level of decision-making.
We equip development, humanitarian and governance organizations with unique capabilities to listen intelligently to the citizens they serve.
Spun out of cutting-edge research at the University of Cambridge in 2014, we have an established presence in East Africa and beyond with a vibrant growing core team in Nairobi. Our clients include UNICEF, the European Union, Oxfam, and the MasterCard Foundation.
- Develop AVF’s strategy, in consultation with the Board, ensuring that we are market orientated, focused on serving the needs of our clients and potential clients.
- Identify and develop opportunities, judging which to pursue and which to leave and how to deliver in a cost-effective manner.
- Lead, manage and inspire a small, high performing and international team ensuring the professional management of AVF’s day to day operations as well as attracting and retaining talent in line with our growth.
- Line manage the four Team Leads for: Business Operations, the existing client service and programme business; Innovation; Finance; External Relations and Partnerships.
- Ensuring the Director of Business Operations delivers AVF’s targets for quality, efficiency and impact across its programmes.
- Guiding the Senior Finance Manager on financial strategy objectives and delivery of statutory, Board, management and team requirements for accurate and timely financial information.
- Guiding the Innovation team towards new product and market opportunities that expand social impact and secure financial sustainability.
- Setting and supporting key priorities for the Lead on External Relations and Partnerships regarding brand, visibility, presence and relationships.
- Ensuring efficient and effective collaboration across the four teams.
- Lead major strategic external relations, including with senior leadership in major partner organisations, governments, donors and external collaborators (especially the University of Cambridge).
- Grow income streams especially from unrestricted funds.
Do you think it is a job of your interest? More information and full application package can be found here.
Deadline for applications June 26th, 2019. All the best!
Want to join our growing business network? Book a tour today at any of our branches and check out our amazing packages!