African startups invited to apply for global Hello Tomorrow Challenge
African startups have been invited to apply for the global Hello Tomorrow Challenge, which rewards innovative early-stage projects with funding, visibility and access to networks.
The Hello Tomorrow Challenge is a global startup competition for promising early-stage projects and startups harnessing science & technology to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
The Challenge gives scientists and deeptech entrepreneurs around the globe a platform for their research and projects, providing participants with equity-free funding, global visibility and connections with key players in the deeptech innovation network and other fellow entrepreneurs. To date, previous early-stage participants have raised more than $300 million in funding.
The Challenge covers 14 tracks:
- Advanced computing and AI
- Cybersecurity and communication
- Digital health and medical devices
- Drug discovery
- Food and agriculture
- Industrial biotech
- Industry 4.0
- Medical biotech
- New space
- Smart city
Top projects from around the world will have a chance to attend our annual Hello Tomorrow GlobalSummit (6th edition), on March 12th-13th 2020 in Paris.
- Connections: Build strong relationships with deep tech focused investors, industry leaders, experts and fellow entrepreneurs from around the globe.
- Visibility: Be endorsed as one of the best deep tech startups worldwide.
Make it to the Finals and pitch in front of the best audience of your life at the Global Summit in Paris!
- Funding: More than €230K equity-free funding and direct access to 200+ VCs and CVCs
You are eligible if:
- Your team is made up of two persons or more
- Your project is based on a new technology, a scientific discovery, a complex engineering process or an innovative application of an existing technology
- You are in early-stage development (not more advanced than Series A funding round) – not yet incorporated projects are also accepted
- You are solving an industrial, societal or environmental challenge
- Innovation: The company must develop a product/service based on a new technology or an innovative application of an existing technology.
- Potential impact: The company must have the potential to make a substantial long-term impact on business and/or society.
- Leadership: The company must have visionary leadership with the capabilities to drive the company towards success.
- Viability: The company should have well-formulated plans for developments and goals and a sustainable business model
- Applications are free
- Applications are open until September 13th, 2019
For more information on how to apply for this competition click here
Interesting read? Get more details about our members here